“‘Will you dance this with me, Lady Brett?’ Brett smiled at him. ‘I’ve promised to dance this with Jacob’ she laughed. ‘You’ve a hell of a biblical name, Jake.’... ‘We’re going,’ Brett said. ‘We’ve a date up at Montmartre’” (Hemingway 30).
No, no, no! I need to get out of this situation. I don’t want to dance with Cohn, I don’t want to give him the wrong idea. I have seen him looking at me all night, but I don’t see anything in him, and I certainly didn’t expect for him to be fond of me. What am I going to do? How do I turn him down? Oh! Jake is here! I’ll say that I am going to dance with him. Good, now lets change the subject, I don’t want to dwell on this. He wants the next dance!? I don't want to dance with him. What else am I going to do, I have been as polite as I could be with him. I mean look at him! I should go, I don’t want to be around Cohn if he is going to be persistent. Let me grab Jake and go, I would much rather spend time with him anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.