Thursday, December 11, 2014
Lady Brett Ashley
"It’s funny," I said. "It’s very funny. And it’s a lot of fun, too, to be in love."
"Do you think so?" her eyes looked flat again.
"I don’t mean fun that way. In a way it’s an enjoyable feeling."
"No," she said. "I think it’s hell on earth." (4.4)
He's insane. It's as if he gains pleasure from this roller coaster that we're in. All I want is to be his. Jake thinks that this is a game. I'll show him how to play. Maybe he just wants my body and not my mind. After all that I've been through I'm sick and tired of men. I don't imagine there being a happily ever after or some Prince Charming. I'm my own hero. It shouldn't be so important for a woman to find a man and settle down and have a family. What's the point in being young if you can't have a little fun?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.