Robert Cohn
"Why don't you follow Brett around like a bloody steer? Don't you know you're not wanted? I know when I'm not wanted. Why don't you know when you're not wanted? You came down to San Sebastian when where you weren't wanted, and followed Brett around like a bloody steer. Do you think that's right?"(Hemingway 146).
Embarrassment, embarrassment is all I could feel at the moment. I didn't know how to respond. I was so overwhelmed by rage and hate that I couldn't react. I was completely unaware I wasn't wanted around anyone. I admit, I do have feelings for Brett, I mean she is a very attractive young lady, who just always seemed to catch my eye, But I never knew that I was never wanted by anyone, I was just trying to be good company to everyone, I went to San Sebastian solely because I thought I'd be accompanying Brett with her trip. I tagged along only so she won't be alone. Of course because I'm attracted to her as well, but I didn't expect to sleep with her at San Sebastian, it just happened. I enjoy being with Brett. She's a great, sophisticated, and simply breathtaking. I can't help but be as close with her as possible. I can't believe Mike said I follow her like a steer. I was reluctant to say something back. I didn't know what to say anyway, He made me look like a fool in front of everyone. In front of the "friends" who supposedly don't want me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.