"I liked to see [Mike] hurt Cohn. I wished he would not do it, though, because afterward it made me disgusted at myself. That was morality; things that made you disgusted afterward. No, that must be immorality" (Hemingway 152).I mean, Mike had a point. Cohn can be overbearing and clueless at times. I mean for God's sake he should realize Brett doesn't like him. At least not truthfully. She may defend him and although she went to San Sebastian with the guy, it does not give him the right to follow her every step. Is it wrong to agree with Mike? Cohn's my friend and all but sometimes I just can't stand him. What does he even want, anyways? Brett will never like him in the way he wants her to. Cohn wants something real from Brett, but that's not what Brett wants. Even I know that. Brett wants to have fun and fool around, she's playing Cohn. She won't ever truly love him. Cohn should give up on her, he's just making a fool of himself. And if she ever did want something serious, something real... well then... she's got me. I'm more of a man than Cohn, even with my injury. He doesn't deserve her. But what am I saying, Cohn's my friend. I don't feel bad for him, but I shouldn't be agreeing with Mike, it's immoral.
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Jake Barnes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.