Lady Brett Ashley
"It’s funny," I said. "It’s very funny. And it’s a lot of fun, too, to be in love."
"Do you think so?" her eyes looked flat again.
"I don’t mean fun that way. In a way it’s an enjoyable feeling."
"No," she said. "I think it’s hell on earth." (Fitzgerald, 35)
What is he trying to do? I'm not going to admit that I have feelings for Jake! How absurd! He does no good to me or my pleasure! Maybe I do love Jake or maybe I'm just over-thinking it. But, what if I do? I don't want him to know! After all, I would probably end up cheating on him and I would never be as infatuated as he would. I would feel no different than I do now! What do I do? Oh, what the hell, what he doesn't know won't hurt him. The longer I can hide my underlying love for him, the more suitable our lives will be. I just hope I don't actually have feelings for Jake. I mean, I could never!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.