Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Robert Cohn

Robert Cohn


"'Oh, don't stand up and act as though you were going to hit me. That won't make any difference to me. Tell me, Robert. Why do you follow Brett around like a poor bloody steer?'" (Hemingway 146).
       


       My gosh, Michael is awfully annoying when he is drunk. I know he is drunk and all, but who is he to think he can beat me in a fight? Doesn't he know that I was the middleweight boxing champion of Princeton at one point? If he keeps bombarding me with all these questions, I am going to have to put him in his place. But I am not one to brag. Despite this, I was terribly embarrassed, but I could not let him know that he was pushing all the right buttons. I could only mutter out, "'Shut up. You're drunk.'"(Hemingway 146). My efforts to deter Michael failed. I still stood on firm ground. Besides that, he should ask himself the same question. If he is fully aware of the affairs that Brett is continuously having, he should stop following her around like a steer. He's the one who's not wanted, not me. Of course I'm wanted, I had an affair with his fiancĂ©! I cannot take any of this too seriously, after all he is drunk. Plus it will be me in the end who wins over Brett, he should just step back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.