Jake Barnes
“'is Robert Cohn going on this trip?' 'Yes. Why?' 'Don't you think it will be a bit rough on him?' 'Why should it?' "Who did you think I went down to San Sebastian with?' 'Congratulations'” (Hemingway 89).
How was I to know she would go on a trip with him? She was very clever in the way she brought it up. I replay it in my mind and hear “‘rough on him’” (Hemingway 89). How is she all of sudden concerned with other people’s feelings, him especially. He just left his long-term girlfriend who was supposed to be his wife. He sent Frances packing with two hundred dollars. Unbelievable. Where does Brett get the gall? She is clearly delusional. Not to mention why would she think any of that is my business. She probably just wanted a reaction from me. Sometimes you just should not feed the animals, which is why I responded with one word. Sometimes she needs to be shown she’s not in control. She is not the only person who can be emotionally manipulative. She expects too much from someone who does not want to be love. She plays too many games for someone who does not want to be with me.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.